Newfoundland Hotels- Maclellan Inn & Thackery Suites
Thousands of families book an annual vacation in Newfoundland and Labrador. Families will find plenty of fun attractions, activities, and events in this Atlantic Province. Learn about 20 fun ‘things to do’ in Newfoundland and Labrador.
20 Fun ‘Things to Do’ on a Family Vacation in Newfoundland
Newfoundland and Labrador has long been recognized as the perfect place for a family vacation. Recently, Newfoundland’s Avalon Peninsula was named as “top coastal destination” by National Geographic Traveller Magazine. No doubt the island is a terrific spot for a family holiday and there are plenty of things for families to do in this beautiful province.
20 Fun ‘Things to Do’ – Family Vacation
1. Explore St. John’s – the capital city of Newfoundland and Labrador.
2. Experience canoeing – and a view of the Appalachian Mountains.
3. Go sailing off Newfoundland’s shores.
4. Take a whale watching tour. See humpbacks and minkes – maybe even orcas.
5. Go on an iceberg-watching trip.
6. Take advantage of the cross-island hiking trails.
7. Go fishing in the countless ponds and lakes. Nothing beats the joy of a child’s first fish.
8. Take the kids on a berry-picking outing. Kids will love the blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
9. Attend a few of the island’s numerous festivals. There is even a blueberry festival in Brigus.
10. Take the family to one or more of the province’s regattas. The Royal St. John’s Regatta is a favorite. Children love the games.
11. Camp in the island’s National and Provincial Parks.
12. Camp in Pippy Park – a popular campsite in the heart of St. John’s.
13. Let the kids enjoy the daily fun and educational activities at island day camps.
14. Visit the Salmonier Nature Park. Situated close to St. John’s, this park shows nature at its best. Children love seeing the wildlife.
15. Every kid wants to go to Splash-N-Putt Park – the island’s premier water park. Go-carts, bumper cars/boats, and pools amuse the kids.
16. Stay in fabulous Newfoundland accommodations – from luxury suites to elegant bed and breakfasts to cozy cottages.
17. Explore the coastline and numerous beaches (pebble and sand types). Have a beach picnic or take an afternoon stroll.
18. Enjoy swimming in the island’s favorite spots – where kids have gone swimming for generations.
19. Visit North America’s largest puffin colony in Witless Bay.
20. Just enjoy the wonderful Newfoundland outdoors!
Travel is a passion for Richard Verkley and he has had the good fortune to travel to over 30 countries, working and living in several of them. This broad experience, coupled with his business adventures as an entrepreneur give Richard a unique perspective on what a region has to offer. Learn what Newfoundland and the Atlantic provinces has to offer with our free ebook! http://www.siteproweb.com/bookit-atlantic-canada-lead-page
For more information, please visit the link below
Find More Inns Articles